8.08.2013

DIY Heart

 
Nothing makes me happier than when I am creating.
Especially when the end product is for the birds.
 
These cuties are super easy, environment friendly, kid friendly, and an awesome last min craft for the end of summer.
 
I originally got this idea from where everyone every female gets ideas for anything.  PINTEREST.
 
You will need:
 
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup water
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
3 tbsp. corn syrup
4 cups bird seed
 
 
mix together
 
 
And obviously:
 
A cookie cutter (ideally a heart)
mixing bowl
spoon
stick
parchment paper
non-stick spray or veg. oil
 
 
Grease up the cookie cutter and your hands, because this stuff is sticky.
Mash birdseed mixture inside heart until it is all the way full.
Carefully poke a hole towards the center of the heart to hang it later.
 
 
 
Next carefully slide the cookie cutter away leaving the birdseed heart in place on parchment paper. 
Allow to dry overnight to ensure it is fully dry and will not crumble.
 
 

Once dried, choose string of your choice, creating a loop to hang in the tree.

My attempt resulted in 9 hearts.

We made a second batch using other cookie cutter shapes but honestly most of them weren't recognizable or ended up looking phallic, so I would suggest sticking with the heart.




If you would like to see more craft ideas you can follow me on my Pinterest Boards Here.

4 comments:

  1. Ummm... I'm inspired! Wanna come over and help me make 'em? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling inspired; I wanna make these (I have to find a cookie cutter...)

    ReplyDelete