10.15.2012

Fall Feather Wreath

Hello Birdies!   I just wanted to let you know that it is mid-October and I have not done a single thing to decorate my house for Fall.  {Enter gasps and judgment here.}

Don’t get me wrong, I have been busy.  I jogged for 15 minutes last week.

But after seeing all of you Instagram pictures of the autumn trees, post your pumpkin recipes and pin your ideas for the latest and greatest painted pumpkin,  I decided I should put down the bottle (of cough medicine) and get to work.  So I set out to craft as many Fall themed crafts I could possibly manage in one weekend.

So I pushed through my sore throat (I don’t just drink cough syrup for fun people) and went to my local craft store for a couple of feathers and burlap.  As I was checking out the sales girl repeatedly told me how lucky I was that they actually had burlap in stock.  Apparently some Pinterest wreath is causing a burlap shortage everywhere.  I think my wreath is going to cause the same phenomenon.

 


I sewed some fabric and burlap flowers, cut out burlap leaves, gathered a wreath, found coordinating twine, heated up my hot glue gun and set out to work.
 
 

I’m not sure if it was my fever breaking, or me just being dramatic about the gorgeous outcome… but I have chills!

 
 

Join me tomorrow to see how I made a painted Fall banner for my mantel using a vintage map and twine.
 
Linking up with WOW US WEDNESDAY!

5 comments:

  1. I have to say, I like this fall wreath a LOT better than most of the other fall wreaths I've seen! I think it's the feathers. I'm the girl with the peacock feathered Christmas wreath ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Is it tacky that I agree with you about my wreath being better than most? Oh gosh- I can't believe I just admitted that... but feathers rock and I am totally jealous of your peacock wreath. Love it! :)

      Delete
  2. Your fall wreath is amazing. I love your purple mirror too! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable!

    Following now :)

    Iris
    http://nkmommy.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful Fall wreath! Great job! Hopped over from I Gotta Create and I'm happy to be your newest follower. Would love to have you stop by for a visit! Blessings ~ Judy

    ReplyDelete