6.14.2012

Star Book

Have you ever signed up for something thinking it was going to be amazing and ended up being something that you found yourself dreading?  That is how I was feeling about my bookmaking class this week.  I was just feeling lazy and there were too many steps, too many pieces of paper to cut, and too many different things that were going wrong with my book…  until it started looking like a star!


Funny how your mood changes so quickly when something starts going your way J
I Give you- A Star BooK

After stitching the 7 large pieces together using waxed linen thread, and glued 14 small pocket inserts and glued the covers to the front and back pages. 




I ended up using scrapbook paper to glue around art board to make my covers and twine to tie the Star Book together.                               

Now im pumped about making my next book and filling this one with treasures from my travels!




16 comments:

  1. No freaking way. You're going to be a millionaire. BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! I agree with Mary Susan!!!! Soooooooo cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Visiting you via the creative me linky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for finding me Jenny! Have a great day! :)

      Delete
  4. So beautiful! Visiting you via the creative me linky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just the coolest thing. And just in time for the Fourth of July! Love the map detail... absolutely wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules! I'm glad that you found me off the hop, and can't wait for the 4th! It's my favorite holiday! :) Have a great night!

      Delete
  6. This is truly amazing and beautiful!! So fun to make using different papers -- I love the map paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! Im pretty much obsessed with maps right now! :) Glad that you stopped by! :)

      Delete
  7. It's beautiful. Way to stick with it and achieve great results. :)
    Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great.
    Found you through the Under 300 followers linky :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome! Hope you share a tutorial on how to make it.. I would love to give it a try! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely fantastic! I can see why were starting to loose heart but I am glad it worked out fine! I am a new follower from the Pinkapotomus Blog Hop! Have a great day!
    Rebecca
    Heronscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete