10.10.2012

Tea Take Two

Yesterday I was drinking some tea.
By yesterday I mean last week because it has been a good minute since I blogged last. 

So today I thought I would carry on with the tea trend and show you a tea cart that I have made over.  Now this is the second tea cart that I have painted; the first was a gem that I purchased for next to nothing at a yard sale:

It’s super cute with its new key lime make up.

The second and most recent tea cart was found on the side of the road about 100 yards from my house.
I stole it from my neighbor.
Just kidding, they were throwing it away.
On it was nothing but, you guessed it, bird poop.
I’m all about the birds people, but that’s disgusting.
So it sat outside of my house on my back stoop for a couple of days until I go the nerve to clean it.
 
Once wiped down, I took an electric sander to the surface to rough it up so the layers of white eggshell paint would adhere nicely.
 
 
Next I took Miniwax's grey wood stain and barely dipped a clean rag into the can. (make sure it is mixed incredibly well, this stuff will settle on the bottom of the can like crazy).
 
Taking my stain dipped rag I then rubbed it across the edges of the tea cart and anywhere where it had detail.  Keep repeating this process until you get the desired look.  For a darker contrast keep applying more stain to your project.
 
 

Well there you have it.  Lesson learned today: If you are my neighbor, I will steal and paint your trash. 

Linking up with Wow Us Wednesday!

10 comments:

  1. that looks great! i am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany the cart came out so awesome. This is such a great post. I would love it if you would share this post at our WIW linky party. Hope you can join us. :-)

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Love! I just did! :) Glad that you found me!

      Delete
  3. adorable, brittany! and i think i may make some tea now.... i am in the mood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome score! I love that cart!! I am a new follower from the GFC Party!

    I hope you have a great weekend!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous redo, Brittany! I think that is called "curb-diving"......lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great transformation and awesome find. I will be featuring this tonight at my Fall into Fall party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks awesome Brittany.

    Thank you for linking up at the Wildly Original party.
    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete