6.06.2012

Paper Phase 1

So every Wednesday for the past three weeks, my roommate and I have been going to a bookmaking class in Nashville.  We are learning different bindings, stitches, and book layouts.  Even though I have taken a book arts class before I feel a little in over my head considering the first book we are making should end up looking like a star (if all goes accordingly). 

We got our supplies late and the teacher continues to assign us homework to catch us up for the next class.  So far we have bought our paper and begun to cut and fold the pieces of paper (there are 28 pages in all with 2 covers).  I wish I have more to show but this is as far as I have gotten:

The paper I am using in my ‘Star Book’ is from a 1976 Road Atlas, scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby, and Canson art paper that can be purchased at any art supply store.

We were able to work quickly and bind the first two layers of pages together tonight using waxed linen.


Check back next Wednesday to see the progress of my Star Book and the start of another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment