11.10.2011

Matching Lamp...

Well i will be the first one to admit that i am the worst when it comes to technology and seem to always find myself puzzled as to why it is constantly failing me.  After my computer spent the last 24 hours installing updates, i finally can post about the matching map lamp!  I went to upload the before, during, and after photos, and somewhere between the camera and my laptop i lost the whole process of making the lamp.  Needless to say i am super frustrated! 


However i still want to show you where the lamp started and how it ended up.


Here is a teaser of where i had begun to take how to pics.  I used the leftover map piece and Mod Podge to seal the map to the generic, plain, gross, off white lamp shade.  I first painted a coat of Mod Podge on the shade and used bull dog clips to help keep the map in place as i wrapped it around the shade.  Once the map was wrapped all the way around i brushed on another coat of Mod Podge and let it dry.



I moved the Map Lamp to my orange nightstand so it would stand out and not blend in with the desk.


I love that it coordinates with the color scheme of the rest of my bedroom, and the blue i used to paint the base was left over from when i painted my bathroom- which can be seen in THIS POST


If you somehow missed out on the matching Map Desk that goes with the lamp click HERE.

{BS}

3 comments:

  1. I remember this lamp from college!! good job tranforming it!! A once college dorm room lamp turned high class artsy lamp for your eclectic home! love it! looks cool with the light on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill! It looks even better in person... much improvement. And to think that me and Ginger bought it 7 years ago. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is INCREDIBLE! I'm so glad you found my blog and pointed me your way! I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete