8.05.2013

Write On

So some pretty cool gals, Mae Mae and Maddie have invite us all to challenge ourselves to write a new post for the next 30 days.

Well... actually it started on August 1st....
So in typical fashion I am about 5 days late to the party.
But who cares... at this point people are feeling pretty good and super excited to see you when you arrive.
(Not that kind of party? It should be.)

So welcome if you are a fellow procrastinating blogger from the challenge! 

Most of you know about my love for all things vintage, free and things of sentimental value.  Recently we were going through my grandmother's house to clear things out, as she's settling into an assisted living home, and it is a thrifter's dream to see the things that have been packed away for decades.

I snagged these puzzle pieces that were most likely something that my dad played with or that my siblings and I played with while visiting my grandmother on our road trips from Florida.  Even though the actual memory isn't there I will treasure these because they came from her, and plus they are ridiculously adorable!

 
 
 
The wooden board that most likely went with this is long gone, but I still think the little man and woman are darling.  I can't decide if I want to use them in an art work or leave them be. 
 
Lastly, here is a recent picture of my grandmother and my siblings on the Fourth of July.  I swear my brother continues to grow and my grandmother might be shrinking. 
 
 
 
 
 
Whew- well that wasn't so bad.  See you folks back here tomorrow for post number   2 of the 30 day challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment