8.31.2012

My dirty laundry is getting cuter by the second…

So a couple of weeks ago I showcased my laundry room makeover using a chevron pattern to create an accent wall and tried to make it the easiest process possible (learn from my mistakes right?).  I still love the outcome so much that I have been doing laundry every day just so I can be in my laundry room.
 
Yeah Right.
I haven’t done my laundry since I finished the room. 
I have a life folks.
What I have been doing is painting a LOT of things… like a hamper that coordinates with the chevron pattern in the laundry room.  {okay… so maybe the life I have is kind of nerdy}
Nerd or not you can’t argue with how adorable this hamper is!

 
 
 
I spray painted the entire wicker hamper with several coats of high gloss white spray paint.  Then I used painter’s tape to create a V shape with the points lining up in the center of the hamper.  I made sure the tape was really pressed onto the wicker and then painted around the tape with gray latex interior paint.  I was careful to place the paint brush on the painters tape and pull it away from the tape NEVER painting towards the edge of the tape.  It’s impossible to get a perfect clean line on wicker but that is the closest I could get. 

 
 

Once the paint had dried I carefully removed the painters tape and instantly dumped my growing pile of dirty laundry in it.  I'm tired from all that painting… my laundry will have to wait.

Until tomorrow friends!  You can find out what my favorite things for September are!  

11 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I LOVE THIS! You're a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha! it looks awesome! my dirty laundry is just getting smellier.... my husband is out of town and he does the laundry. guess i may have to suck it up and do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Well mine isn't smelling too fresh either! :) When in doubt just go buy new underwear! :)

      Delete
  3. This is adorable! Thank you so much for the inspiration. I have a hamper in my room that unfortunately does not fit in my closet, I should spruce it up and then maybe it wouldn't bother me so much. Mind if I pin this idea to remind me for later?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Thanks Erin! Just make sure the pin is link back to this specific post... I appreciate it and good luck with the painting! :)

      Delete
  4. Seriously...dirty laundry has never been cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very very cute. I'm your newest follower. COme check out my blog when you have a minute at http://sister-number-5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Shiloh! Im pretty much in love with anything gray right now! :)

      Delete