9.26.2012


hello!
Who says your fish shouldn’t have a custom designed etched fish bowl to call home??
Well, actually I do.  Because that’s ridiculous.
 
Seriously folks, your beloved gilled friend isn’t going to last more than a couple of weeks, months at best.  (Trust me I had to toss my beta fish in college… literally; right over the ledge of my dorm balcony when he, Nemo, became a floater.)
So don’t waste your time making their habitat homey.
 
So now that you all know I’m a fish hater…I actually really just like the simple design and shape of the fishbowl.  I purchased it at Goodwill for a grand total of $1 and then let it sit in my attic for about 3 years. 
I swear I am trying to not be a hoarder.
And then I found the inspiration in the most random of places.  I googled “vintage word art” and browsed images until I stumbled upon this beauty, and then my brain somehow made the connection “this is what you should put on that fishbowl.” 
 
DING DING DING!  Luckily for me (and you) Melissa was nice enough to have an entire post on her instructions on how she did her word art and where to get the free font.  She’s amazing.
I too made a template (mine much smaller than hers).
Taped the template to the inside of the fishbowl and started to trace the image with my electric glass etcher.
About 30 minutes later, voila- etched perfection!
 
And honestly, with a fat cat like cooper, fish don't stand a chance!  So I will be filling my bowl with Halloween candy! :)


5 comments:

  1. So cool! And I think the fish bowl makes a perfect candy jar! :)

    Clarissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clarissa! It won't stay full of candy for long! :) Thanks for finding me!

      Delete
  2. I totally need an electric glass etcher. My wheels are turning now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Seriously- last year for Christmas I etched everyone in my family something with their name or initals on it... the possiblilites are endless! :)

      Delete
  3. Cute fishbowl! Candy is more fun than fish, anyway.
    I am your newest follower from the blog hop.
    Lisa
    akawest.com

    ReplyDelete